"Just like a neuronal graffiti, the last image frame was dancing indecisive between his blinded photo-receptors and his immediate memory." Little he knew the image would continue to develop, nurtured by his subconscious, into a whole new idea.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Heartbroken by the MPAA closing BTEFNET? Wait for iTunes video

I was a spoiled kid. I used to watch my favourite shows without having to be attached to an electronic device at the merci of a schedule, not having to worry about commercials taking up to 1/3 of my time, daring to explore shows that I would never catch otherwise because they were not relayed locally. Now that the MPAA has targetted TV Download Sites the whole TV experience is ruined for me. I don't think I can go back to the old ways.

Of course there are plenty of opinions about why they did or whether they will get away with it. I've even heard from a few conspiracy theorists that this a larger scheme to avoid making it obvious that reality television is dead and ratings for fiction are increasing, but in the mean time there is only one thing that will make me forget: Apple releasing a new iTunes-based video on demand service. All the stars are aligned:
  • iTunes support for video
  • Mac Mini conveniently sized for setup right by your home teather
  • Improved Quicktime with the most recent release of OSX
  • and finally a huge gap between what the industry is doing and what the public wants

Until then no more TV.

1 Comments:

Blogger juan manuel said...

A well researched article that predicts a similar outcome.

10:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home